Thursday, August 14, 2014

In My Belly

These pics are actually all from this week (since Saturday, I think). Obviously it's not everything I ate but y'know, some of it!

I'm officially obsessed with cacao. I'm a huge dark chocolate fan but hadn't given cacao a real try until recently. Today I got some cacao powder as well so I'm eager to try that! The health benefits are obviously better since cocoa is a processed (which strips nutrients) version of cacao. Have you guys tried it?? It's more bitter but when paired with something sweet, it's so perfect!

Toast with almond butter and homemade fig plum jam. To make the jam I just heated up some plums, figs, water and chia seeds and mashed it all together. haha

Lots of oatmeal this week. To get it thick like this, put it in a food processor/blender and give it a few pulses. Topped with nuts, almond butter, coconut cream, cacao nibs and mulberries.

Orange/ginger/carrot juice and kale chips. My husband is not a fan of kale chips but my dog loves them. haha

Raspberry banana smoothie topped with cacao nibs.

Fresh green juice.

Buddha bowl with quinoa, wild rice lentil mix, sauerkraut, seitan, bell peppers, squash, kale, seaweed, zucchini and homemade ranch. Mmm.

Healthy goji cacao cookies! Of course, I can't remember what recipe I used. Grr. 

Oatmeal with chai seeds, mulberries, figs and raspberries. Coffee with coconut cream (canned coconut milk + Stevia) and cinnamon.  So good.

I gave these veggie burger a try after reading the ingredients list and being impressed! They do have a very "earthy" taste and I preferred them in a salad but they are good! There are lots of other flavours to try. 

Frozen mangoes and frozen bananas topped with unsweetened coconut.

Kale salad with the green hemp veggie patty.

I've been sampling the Aloha packs and really loving them! I will have a review up eventually. You can buy them here.


I actually made this two days in a row. hehe The hummus is just chickpeas, garlic, tahini, hot sauce and a splash of water. Oh and I was watching Ted Talks Chew on Netflix!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...