Monday, April 27, 2015

Pregnancy Favourites: The Last 20 Weeks

Well, I guess at 40+ weeks I can write this post now!  I am still loving a lot of the things from my first 40 weeks post including the pregnancy pillow (must have item!), Target camisoles and VS leggings but here are a few more things I've been enjoying...



1. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - If you read ONE book while pregnant (or trying), read this one. It's beautiful and embraces childbirth in such a wonderful way.  Ina May Gaskin is such a blessing! Other books I've enjoyed include Dr Sears The Vaccine Book, Nancy Bardacke Mindful Birthing, American Academy of Pediatrics New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding, Harvey Karp The Happiest Baby on the Block and American Academy of Pediatrics Your Baby's First Year.
2. VS No Show Cheekster Panty -  My  new favourite underwear! I fit into my regular size and yet even at 40+4 weeks they still fit wonderfully. They don't dig into my hips at all which is what some of my other underwear had started to do. They are impressively "no show" for not being a thong too! The material is really soft and super stretchy.
3. Merona Striped Maxi Skirt - So comfortable! It does tend to slip down under my belly now that it has grown so much but with a long top, totally works. It's just a nice change from wearing maternity bottoms and I'll be able to wear it post-pregnancy.
4. Vitamix - Ok so I always enjoy this one but lately it's been a must. I have been having a smoothie every day lately... sometimes two!  It's an easy way to get extra calories and nutrients in. I always try to have frozen bananas, chia seeds and hemp powder on hand to add. I also like coconut water, mixed berries, Vega protein and greens powder, liquid chlorella, leafy greens, unsweetened almond milk, cacao powder, nut butter etc So many options! I definitely see myself continuing to rely on smoothies while I'm breastfeeding since you need extra calories then too.
5. Jamberry Nail Wraps - Easier to apply than nail polish and no waiting for them to dry! I was obsessed with painting my nails for a couple years and while I do still paint them at times, I have been using Jamberry wraps a lot. They will definitely be more practical when I have a newborn- no wet nails!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I receive so if you're leaving one right now, thank you!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...